Warm up first with a 20-30 minute jog. I love to put my headphones on and run along the bay, because there’s nothing quite like that breeze!
PHOTOGRAPHY BY Giovanni Fiorentino
WORKOUTS BY Christine Florio
Push Backs: 2-3 sets of 10
- Get into a push-up position with arms extended
directly under your shoulders.
- Using your arms, core, and legs, push yourself back
into a squatted position. Do not let your shins or knees touch the ground.
- Hold yourself at the bottom for three seconds, and then squeezing your core, push yourself back to the push-up position.
- If you’re feeling strong, do one push-up when you return to the top before you start your next rep!
Bench Flips: 3 sets of 25
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on a secure bench.
- Extend your legs straight out in front of you and do 10 triceps dips, lowering yourself toward the ground, and then push ing back up to the starting position. Keep your elbows close to your side and slightly bent to keep tension on triceps.
- Flip your body over, legs still extended and hands on bench, and do 15 plank twists. Remember to squeeze your core from optimal results!
Switch Squats: 3 sets of 20
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your arms straight ahead, or place them behind your head, keeping your core at work and your back straight.
- As you squat, alternate keeping your feet parallel, and turning them outwards. Alternate angle as you lower
into each squat.